Knox, IN 46534 US
Our client is a global leader in the technology of fine blanking. They are a highly competent supplier of sophisticated components and subassemblies. The value of their products is complemented by a broad scope of manufacturing capabilities.
Our client's Knox, Indiana facility is seeking a Quality Manager with an automotive background for their manufacturing facility.
The Quality Manager is responsible for motivating, coaching, and leading their staff;resolving customer and supplier quality issues;completing quality reports;maintaining and improving the quality management system;managing all quality assurance activities and giving regular quality presentations.
The Quality Manager will be involved with the strategic development of their quality area, as well as IATF compliance.
This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 30% of their day.
Candidates should be able to develop teams, be energetic, able to take ownership of projects, have good work history and enjoy floor presence.
Although this is a management position, candidates should be willing to be hands on completing quality projects.
- Developing and Implementing quality standards.
- Developing and implementing quality control systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations. Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Reviewing codes, specifications, and processes.
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Automotive industry experience
- Ensure compliance to IATF-16949 systems and procedures
- Minimum Internal Auditor Certification / Preferred Lead Auditor Certification
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree;a technical degree is preferred (experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- At least three years of similar quality management experience
- Automotive supplier experience
- Root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Formal problem solving skills
- Strong customer communication experience
- Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Minimum Internal auditor certification
- Preferred Lead auditor certification
PREFERRED SKILLS, BUT NOT required:
- Quality certifications
- Good understanding of IATF-16949 and Quality Management System
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certifications
- Assembly experience
- ERP experience
This position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule. Requires some evening and weekend work. Requires demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and standard industry software. Continuous Improvement Certification or experience is a plus but not required.