Nicholasville, KY 40356 US
The Quality Manager is responsible for maintaining and recommending any improvements and updates to the Customer Feedback, Control of Non-Conforming Product, Corrective and Preventive Action, Quality, Measurement System Analysis, and RMA Processes. Manage and coordinate activities within the Quality Department to ensure production of products are consistent with established standards by performing the following duties:
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate quality metrics for quality and reliability improvement opportunities for finished product.
- Formulate and maintain quality objectives through coordination of quality systems and production procedures with the cooperation of other MVC managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Track metrics associated with the Quality Objectives to ensure compliance to Customer requirements.
- Identify training needs of the department to ensure continuous improvement of the Quality System.
- Oversee all Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians time and attendance, including vacation, and overtime.
- Complete performance evaluations on all Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians.
- Monitor, review, and maintain all TS activities to ensure compliance.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control and improvement of materials, facilities and products
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability
- Ensure customer satisfaction through regular contact, investigation and adjustment of customer concerns and/or issues regarding quality thru review of portals, emails, and scorecards.
- Monitor and evaluate procedural compliance to assure quality systems and production processes meet corporate and customer requirements
- Participate in 5S;implement 5S improvements.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as assigned.
- Observe and comply with all federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Conduct housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space.
- Aid in identifying training needs.
- Attend/participate in all scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Explain the intent and components of the policy, including an overview of IATF 16949 Quality Management System, procedures and work instructions associated with this job.
- Explain the function of this job and how it helps to create quality parts and services.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-
- Identify and record any problems in products, processes and/or quality systems
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through established systems
- Verify the implementation of solutions to ensure successful resolutions
- Contain non-conformities and alter process until deficiency or unsatisfactory condition is corrected
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school;or a combination of education and at least 5 years of experience as a Quality manager.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, e.G., operating manual, procedure manual, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to problem solve and teach others the proper methodology.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk;use arms to reach and hands to touch, handle, grasp;ability to talk, see, hear;ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to climb stairs.
The work environment varies from a quiet office environment to a moderately noisy plant floor and exposure to airborne particles and fumes.May occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and proximity to moving parts.