San Diego, CA 92131 US
Hiring for Full Time role as RF Engineer within DOD/Defense in San Deigo, CA. The program is a multiyear effort to enhance a Fleet electronic warfare system could be plus.
Perform RF system architecting, testing and development of RF systems. Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support and assist in the execution of both lab testing and field testing. Provide occasional technical support and/or field support planning and other field support in general if needed.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree from an accredited college/university and 5 years plus of related experience or the equivalent combination of education, professional training and work experience.
- Experience with RF communications.
- Experience programming using MATLAB or C++.
- Experience in RF front-end modeling and simulation.
- Experience with the design and development and modeling of military radars.
- Experience in signal processing theory and/or communications systems and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems.
- Experience with antenna set up for multiple channels and frequencies.
Experience with the following:
- Oscilloscopes (analog and digital)
- Electronic frequency counters
- Logic probes
- High-precision multi-meters
- AC/DC voltage standards
- RF power meters
- Resistance standards signal generators
- Power supplies spectrum analyzers
- Capable of working independently or in teams based on customer/project's needs.
- Strong technical writing and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of Navy environments preferred.
- Experience with Fleet communications (EHF, HF, UHF, SATCOM) preferred.
- Experience at a NCTAMS/ISP/DISA Teleport is a plus.