Butte, MT 59701 US
Our company has an opportunity for a talented, high-energy Sales Engineer to support extraordinary growth in the sales of our product line. The product is a world-class, specialized industrial mixer that dramatically reduces mixing time and set-up costs while delivering transformative mixing results.
This is a sales territory assignment that covers the states of MN, WI, MI, PA, IL, IN, OH, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, LA, AR, MS, IA, MO, FL and TX. This road warrior position is based in the sales region and will require a minimum of 50% travel.
The candidate must maintain a positive-can-do attitude and be able to react to customer situations with a sense of urgency and in a professional manner. The Sales Engineer must have a high degree of integrity and professionalism that gains customer trust.
The candidate must be able to articulate the technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to perform compelling, hands-on demonstrations of the product in the customers' facilities. The position requires skills to understand a broad range of applications and technical requirements, and the agility to respond to customers' real-time inputs, requests and application issues.
The candidate must interface with our internal Engineering and Operations teams to provide clear understanding of the customer needs and technical requirements. Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications are critical.
The candidate will also maintain in-depth technical knowledge of product lines represented by the company, assist in the preparation of financial justifications, test data and processes, incoming sales orders and in-depth quotations for customer inquiries.
The position requires a true professional who is comfortable working at a high activity level to drive new design wins and secure business. The candidates must be able to align with and execute an aggressive strategic approach to developing their territory account base.
The Sales Engineer must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process and establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales and product life cycle.
this position the Sales Engineer will have the opportunity to leverage a multi-faceted strategy for significant sales growth within that base, and to lead the introduction of the technology into new markets and applications. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to independently generate new business and to excel in missionary sales and new market development.
- Responsible for pursuing leads, qualifying prospects, and managing all aspects of the sales process for both new and existing customers.
- Responsible for generating leads through cold calls, referrals and territory-specific marketing\efforts that the Sales Engineer originates.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs/RFQs.
- Attend and present the technology at trade shows and symposiums.
- Convey customer requirements and an understanding of emerging applications to Product Management teams.
- Travel throughout sales territory.
- Maintain an accurate customer database using Salesforce CRM.
- Act on and resolve customer issues promptly and professionally
- Meet, or exceed monthly and annual sales goals.
- Adhere to all company policies.
The successful candidate must:
- Be Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Have a proven track record in capital equipment sales.
- Be knowledgeable of industrial materials-processing technology.
- Be comfortable in the technical atmosphere with a dynamic and rapidly expanding customer base.
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written
- responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Be organized and analytical and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative
- and adaptive approaches.
- Be prepared for a minimum 50% travel.
- Have 5+ years relevant experience in capital equipment sales.
- Hold a BS degree in Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential.
- Possess a valid US driving license and good driving record.
- Be proficient at installing and demonstrating equipment at customer sites.
- Demonstrate good mechanical skills, including the operation of computers and electrical equipment.
- Have a strong work ethic.
Compensation opportunity includes base salary, commissions, and benefits, including 401(k), medical insurance, vacation, holidays, life insurance.
Our company is a privately owned company established to supply companies with an advanced mixing/processing solution. Our company takes pride in offering the best possible product backed by our years of experience and highly technical staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70, 000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Are you authorized to work in the U.S?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Related: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote