Senior Electrical Engineer (PE)
Buffalo, NY 14228 US
Location: Buffalo, NY
Work Schedule: Standard Hours, Onsite, Full-Time
Hybrid/Remote Options: Hybrid
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, Permanent Resident
Senior Electrical Engineer - Position and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will perform engineering design within industrial power systems. The design responsibilities will primarily be focused on AC power systems from 120V-15kV as well as PLC control systems and will be reviewed and approved by the senior engineers. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be required to design using the National Electric Code and other applicable standards. The Senior Electrical Engineer will work with and provide direction to electrical designers. The Senior Electrical Engineer position may have an opportunity to move into a Discipline Manger role based on performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Calculations include short circuit, voltage drop, cable/conduit/cable tray sizing, arc flash, lighting, heat trace, etc.
- Design detailed drawing packages including electrical one-line diagrams, installation details, bills of material, panel schedules, lighting plans, motor schematics, conduit/cable plans, field wiring diagrams, etc.
- Create specifications for various electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, etc.
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Education, Experience and Skills
- The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Engineering Technology degree or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required with a focus in power systems.
- 10+ years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- PE license required (must be able to obtain NY PE if not already licensed in the state of NY)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Our Client Offers:
Our client offers a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Learning Center. Provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, they offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance.
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program