Senior Electrical Engineer - Power Generation
Chattanooga, TN 37402 US
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer - Energy
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Citizenship: US (Required)
Licenses: P.E. (Required)
Remote/Tele/Hybrid: Standard Work Schedule, Hybrid options considered.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Supporting Client: TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority)
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer for their Chattanooga, Tennessee office, to serve in a variety of energy markets including power generation, particularly within generation facilities such as coal, combined cycle and simple cycle gas turbines, hydroelectric, wind and solar generation, and power delivery, such as substation and transmission. Other projects will include midstream and downstream oil & gas, and renewable fuels. This is a direct, full-time position.
- Under minimal supervision of senior engineers develop electrical design documents and drawings.
- Being primary interface with clients, project management, procurement professionals, and other engineering disciplines in matters dealing with project electrical systems.
- Developing electrical basis of design and scope of work documents.
- Developing equipment specifications for electrical equipment, including power transformers, switchgear, MCC's, motor specs, and other auxiliary electrical equipment.
- Develop electrical calculations, drawings and reports.
- Ensuring technical accuracy and conformance to project design criteria of engineered work products.
- Ensuring appropriate procedures, design guidelines, and design tools are utilized on projects.
- Travel to domestic client project sites to support projects and assist with marketing Merrick's capabilities.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of electrical design experience in energy, power generation, power delivery, and power transmission utilities and/or related industries.
- Expertise in performing utility protection and control designs
- Strong understanding of a variety of existing and new schemes
- Highly Proficient in control and wiring diagram retrofit designs
- Extensive Experience performing transformer, motor, feeder protection calculations
- Expertise in HV, MV and LV switchgear, protection relays, electrical coordination studies and electrical calculations is required.
- Expertise encompassing industrial power document development such as electrical load lists, one-line diagrams, short circuit, load flow and arc flash analysis, power and control schematics, hazardous area classification, grounding layouts, lighting layouts, electrical equipment specifications, power and MCC panel layouts.
- Experience working successfully in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient knowledge of industry codes and standards (NFPA/NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API, ISA)
- Experience with power analysis design software (ETAP).
- Proficient knowledge of electrical distribution systems at various voltages (120 VAC, 480VAC, 4160VAC, and 15KV) as they relate to the power generation industry and other heavy industrial projects.
- Relay Programming experience required (SEL, Beckwith, Basler, Client, etc.)
- Excellent project execution and team communication skills.
- Experience working on refurbishment and upgrades of existing industrial facilities. Proficiency in communicating with client engineering and site staff.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- P.E. (Professional Engineer) Required.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Direct Employment & Onsite Contractor Policies:
- Offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.