Senior Electrical Engineer
Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Location: Cleveland, OH
Additional Locations Considered: Pittsburgh, PA - Chicago, IL - Toledo, OH, Merrillville, IN
Work Schedule: Standard Hours, Onsite, Full-Time
Hybrid/Remote Options: Hybrid
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, Permanent Resident
Our client, awarded as one of the TOP WORKPLACES, founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Their diversified team is their greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Our client employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.
** Only seeking candidates with related industry experience. This includes Chemical, Power & Energy, Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Government & Institutional, Oil & Gas, Metal, Pharmaceutical & Bio, Refining**
Position and Responsibilities:
As a Electrical Engineer, you will be a part of a project team from inception to completion. The Senior Electrical Engineer will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering designs and calculations. The Senior Engineer will interact with design staff, senior department personnel, project management, contractors, and our valued clients. This individual demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Design complete electrical solutions based on project scope definition.
- Prepare project documentation including but not limited to bills of material, calculations, data sheets, detailed drawings, specifications, technical reports, and test plans.
- Coordinate tasks with engineers, designers, and administrative staff.
- Perform technical evaluation of bids and recommend best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Lead field work by checking installations and problem-solving activities.
- Perform vendor drawing reviews.
- Serve as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings. Will seal drawings as required for projects under responsible charge.
- Interact with other disciplines and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Manage the scope of the project work, address scope and work changes, adjust the project deliverables as necessary, and complete the project work based on the budget and scheduled time frame.
- Present project information to both internal and external client audiences.
- Work within given budget and schedule parameters, as well as develop engineering internal time estimates for engineering and design.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school required.
- 5+ years of electrical systems design experience in a consulting organization.
- Professional Engineer License (in process, ability to obtain);Candidates without a Professional Engineering License, will be considered based on experience, and having the ability to obtain a PE License.
- Strong skill set in understanding single line and schematic diagrams and P&IDs.
- Understanding of IEC and NEC standards.
- Broad industry experience in greenfield and brownfield projects.
- Experience in power distribution, hardware specifications, power system modeling, control systems, and hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries.
- Technical understanding applicable to the design of lighting, grounding, cathodic protection and (MV/LV) distribution and control systems.
- Applicable experience in developing cable tray and duct bank solutions.
- Ability to perform power modeling and arc flash analysis using ETAP or SKM software.
- Working knowledge of Navisworks and AutoCAD.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidate Profile MUST Have:
Seeking Experienced Engineers but with a Business/Sales Mindset. Proven experience working directly with multiple clients & customers, building relationships and partnerships. This is not a business development role, but it is extremely important to have the client/customer interaction and involvement throughout all projects and assignments.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within company offices.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
Our Client Offers:
Our client offers a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Learning Center. Provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, they offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance.
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program