Senior Electrical Engineer
Peoria, AZ 85345 US
- Designing and Developing High Voltage/High Power Electronics for power conversion.
- Designing High Voltage/High Power Electronics components for thermal management.
- Conducting tests, analyzing data, and writing technical reports
- Conducting failure analysis and remediation.
- Supporting ECAD design and layout
Who are we?
Our Research and Development group in the Northwest Phoenix Valley is a multidisciplinary team of engineers. This is a hands-on group of independently operating individuals who can come together as a team and solve complex problems. The ideal candidate can take initiative, operate autonomously, and effectively collaborate as well. There are no paper-pushers on this team, just people who like to solve problems and incorporate the latest technologies and techniques to stay competitive in the global market.
Our R&D is a small team within a global company, and that means you're going to develop new skills and have new experiences in all aspects of engineering within the concept development, prototyping, all the way to design for large scale manufacturing.
Who you'll be doing it for
Established in 1914, our company designs and creates premium battery chargers, automotive lithium jump-starters, and lithium batteries, as well as a wide range of accessories. Through these world-class offerings, we have3 effectively set the new standard in design, performance, and safety of its products in the consumer, commercial, and industrial markets.
We are a privately held company. There are no investors, quarterly numbers to chase, or anything of that sort. We don't have many meetings, and we don't fill out timesheets.
What you need
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on engineering experience concepting, building, and troubleshooting power electronics systems. Experience with power electronic devices is a must.
- Hands-on experience designing AC/DC and DC/DC power converter circuits with various topologies, including solid state switching device and magnetics selection, and design of control circuitry capable of executing the desired control strategy.
- Knowledge of EMC for power electronics.
- Knowledge of High Voltage (KV level) design and testing methods and High Voltage environment safety protocols.
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation in LTspice/PSpice or MATLAB. Simulink and State Flow experience a plus.
- Proficiency in working with mechanical engineers to integrate power converters addressing thermal management, wiring layout, and insulation clearances.
- Experience with design for manufacturing and safety certification standard compliance such as UL and IEC
- Proficiency designing Schematics and PCB layout using common ECAD systems such as Altium, Mentor Graphics or Eagle.
- A strong attention to detail and pride in your work.
- What we would like you to bring
- Experience in software development and support.
- Familiarity with power electronics or battery management systems for Lithium battery chemistry. State of Health methodologies a plus.
What you should be able to do
- Ability to work within an electromechanical design environment.
- Design, build and debug prototype systems and develop safe and strenuous test protocols to ensure production readiness and long-term reliability.
- Make schematics, layout PCBs, and write quality documentation, both for internal and external purposes.
- Have a right-tool-for-the-right-job attitude.
- Be motivated and willing to learn and apply new technology trends in the field of power converters investigating developments that can enhance and improve our products.
- Be able to work independently and manage multiple assignments simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Be a team player than can work cooperatively within a small group.
We are asking a lot of this candidate. If you didn't check every single box, but generally align with the requirements and are a studious and observant individual, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for either this role or other roles within the company.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.