Senior Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare
Long Beach, CA 90815 US
We have an open position for a Senior Level Mechanical Engineer at our office in Irvine, CA or Long Beach office - you could be a perfect fit. If you meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply today.
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $131, 040-$180, 000
As a competent registered professional engineer, the candidate performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of HVAC, medical gas, plumbing design engineering, and supervision of multi-discipline teams of engineers and designers. The candidate is responsible for administering all phases of projects from proposal development through construction completion. The candidate has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, and specification writing on a given project with authority to direct, control, and monitor all activities on multiple projects at a time.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer License
- Experience and knowledge of the FGI Guidelines, NFPA-99, NEC requirements for backup power for HVAC
- Comfortable and willing to present complex engineering concepts to clients, industry partners and other staff
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- OSHPD codes, standards, PINS and CANS
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer working with consulting engineer or firm designing mechanical systems for facilities/buildings
- Strong Mechanical/HVAC design capability in healthcare, federal, higher education, aviation, or waterfront-related projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with people through oral presentations and written communications
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle, and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in maintaining strong client relationships are required
- Computer literacy including all core applications and the ability to quickly learn as needed
- Experienced at using a computer, preferably knowledgeable with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
Upon eligibility, some of the benefits offered include:
- 13 Observed Company paid holidays a year
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Employer-paid Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans such as: Accident, Critical Illness, and Pet Insurance
- Tuition & Training Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility and up to 25% employer match
What sets us apart?
For 13 years in a row, we have been regarded as a "Best Place to Work”by our employees. Why? Because we value satisfied employees just as much as satisfied clients. With competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, paid training/professional memberships, and more. - we aim to attract the best talent and keep them here
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.