Senior Sales Engineer
Tucson, AZ 85743 US
Do you want to make a difference in the world and contribute to a sustainable future?
Our client believes they can develop the technology and gain the know-how to make that difference, tackling the climate challenge.
It's a big responsibility, and they have committed to do it. They have launched their ambition, MissionZero enabling their customers to move towards zero emissions in mining and cement.
Our client needs your skills, curiosity, and drive for change to fulfill their goal.
Together, you will enable our client's customers to produce the materials needed for a better future.
Sales Engineer for the Southwest US Territory:
You will be a part of the leading brand in the cement and mining industries. And our client wants to become even better.
They also know they can only drive success and excellence with competent, passionate and engaged employees. They know individuals want to be successful at work and at home, and together with you, they can ensure that both their business goals and your personal aspirations are met. This Sales Engineer position is responsible for driving the sales of our client's aftermarket mining product line within the assigned USA/Canadian territory.
This is an individual contributor role working within the team "pod"structure reporting to the Director of Sales for the Southwest Region.
- Arrange sales calls and meet with customers to sell aftermarket parts/consumables, rebuilds & modernizations, and services portfolio.
- Act as the primary customer contact, building and maintaining strong relationships known for excellent customer service.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to increase market share;build value propositions and ROI to differentiate the company.
- Provides pre and post sales technical assistance and product education
- Collaborate with internal teams to maximize sales potential and draft proposals.
- Visit installation sites to consult with customers on equipment operations, replacement requirements and pending scope of work.
- Maintain comprehensive account plans for key accounts.
- Manage expense account to keep costs in line with budgeted regional target while adhering to defined budget guidelines.
- Complete regular entries and updates in CRM application to include contacts, appointments and opportunities.
What You Bring
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and 4+ years of experience selling in the mining industry
- Knowledge of industry equipment with the ability to read technical drawings, manuals, and parts list.
- Proactive nature with effective communication & presentation skills and strong problem-solving ability.
- Eagerness to travel, 70% of time should be spent conducting visits to our customers'mining, chemical, pulp/paper, power, and oil/gas plants. Travel is primarily by company-provided car.
- Ideal residential location would be in one of the following states: AZ, NM, CO, or CA
- Territory of coverage will be select accounts in AZ, NM, CO, and CA
- Primary focus of this position will supporting key accounts in core mining territories as well as adjacent industries in the states above.
- Direct engagement and knowledge of these markets within this region as well as other industrial plants is a plus.