Senior System/Network Administrator
Universal City, CA 91608 US
- Support of the design, implementation, and management of network and monitoring systems for new Ride Show Networks.
- Support of the design of 3-tier and ISA-99 defense-in-depth network models to enforce security and increase network segregation and security among ride show networks.
- Design and execution of acceptance testing strategies including regular auditing of existing control networks and servers for predictive maintenance purposes.
- Working with corporate and enterprise network IT to ensure successful partnering and uptime requirements for networks.
- Implementation and support of the next generation of shared services for ride show networking.
- Generate system level documentation and manuals.
- Oversee attraction renovations and Ride Show Network implementation. Understand hardware and firmware currently in use and ensure updates as appropriate for upgraded and obsolete equipment. Remain current with latest technology regarding hardware, software and security.
- Provide design and maintenance support for renovated attractions including training controls and tech services personnel.
- Maintain configuration management of hardware and software documentation.
- Partner with IT to ensure proper access, accountability, and processes.
- Ensure Engineering & Tech Services PCs integrate with various tools and programs that are required with technology in the field.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established corporate policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Be willing to work nights, weekends and peak periods as required. Be on call for park support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience with IT networking
- Excellent Layer 2 & 3 networking skills. Solid understanding of access and distribution LAN switching environments with VLANs, RSTP, Etherchannel, Multicast and QoS
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ASA firewall CLI, configuration and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with Cisco firewalls (55xx, 21xx) and Catalyst switches (38xx, 29xx, 93xx)
- Experience with wireless LAN technologies and Cisco WLC (3500)
- Exposure to Data Center and virtualization technologies (UCS, VMware ESXi, vSphere, vSAN)
- Experience with Cisco Client, AAA, RADIUS, TACACS and 802.1x
- Experience with quality of service, congestion management and traffic marking
- Experience with common network services, SNMP, Syslog, DNS, NTP, DHCP, AD, etc.
- Experience with SNMPv3 monitoring and management tools
- Hands-on experience with Arista EOS, Cisco IOS-XE, Palo Alto 32xx, and 34xx series, and Aruba mobility master/controller
- Hands-on experience with COMPUTE and Virtualization technologies (UCS/DELL, VMware ESXi, vSphere, vSAN, vCenter)
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2019 (DC, DNS, DHCP, NFS and iSCSI)
- Analyze network performance using Wireshark and provide root cause analysis, recommendations, guidance and expertise in maintaining the highest level of performance
- Perform complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and recovery
- Strong documentation skills
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and change control.
- Ability to articulate and communicate network design, security, and performance issues.
- They work successfully under pressure and are comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- They have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field;or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- CCNA or equivalent certification or experience. CCNP would be a plus
- Experience with network simulators (e.G. GNS3, Eve-NG, VIRL).
- Knowledge of automation tools and containers (e.G. Ansible, Vagrant, Docker).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.G. Git).
- Development ability in Python.
- Exposure to industrial networking and control systems.
- Exposure to audio, video, and lighting control systems.
- Experience in the theme park industry.