Senior Technical Manager
Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Location: Cleveland, OH
Additional Locations Considered: Toledo, OH
Work Schedule: Standard Hours, Onsite, Full-Time
Hybrid/Remote Options: Hybrid
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, Permanent Resident
Our client, awarded as one of the TOP WORKPLACES, founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Their diversified team is their greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Our client employs the best and brightest individuals who share their passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.
** Only seeking candidates with related industry experience. This includes Chemical, Power & Energy, Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Government & Institutional, Oil & Gas, Metal, Pharmaceutical & Bio, Refining**
Position and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Technical Manager (STM), you will apply technical, engineering, and management expertise to lead a high quality, multi-discipline technology staff. The STM also oversees technology planning, administers work processes, coordinates disciplines and associated technical deliverables, and manages local team development. The STM is the quality champion for the local office and collaborates with local Operations and Business Development teams to establish a culture of quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the multi-discipline design, engineering, and architecture teams to meet quality, schedule, cost, and technical objectives.
- Drive Company work processes, quality performance, safety excellence, and associated training/program implementation.
- Manage all phases of employee performance around coaching, training, development, and career planning.
- Lead the Deliverable Quality Review (DQR) process.
- Actively participate as a member of the Company Quality Leadership Team (QLT) and develop local quality champions to execute a quality product in their respective offices.
- Understand, adhere to, and apply Company practices, policies, procedures, and standards pertinent to the engineering design standards and project execution.
- Perform engineering analysis and design on complex or unique problems.
- Document work in well written professional technical reports, when required.
- Provide guidance to project team on project and technical issues.
- Apply Codes & Standards and client requirements pertinent to design or engineered systems and ensure technical compliance with project requirements.
- Apply technical expertise by organizing and presenting internal training programs based on priorities agreed upon with QLT.
- Estimate department work-hours, write coordinated scopes of services with the PM and SPM, and recommend appropriate team assignments.
- Perform drawing review and design calculation checking for projects within technical expertise.
- Collaborate with Operations to assign, lead, and provide oversight of Project Management staff in the responsibilities and duties of project management.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 20+ years of experience performing engineering analysis and design functions.
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
- PE license required.
- Acknowledged expertise in one or more technical area(s).
- Working expertise in Project Management and client relationship management.
- 5+ years of direct people management experience with success in retaining and developing teams.
- Experience presenting to and developing client relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning and completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Seeking Experienced Engineers, with a Business/Sales Mindset. Proven experience working directly with multiple clients & customers, building relationships and partnerships. This is not a business development role, but it is extremely important to have the client/customer interaction and involvement throughout all projects and assignments.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
Our client offers a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Learning Center. Provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, they offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance.
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program