Kearny, NJ 75119 US
The Service Technician is accountable for performing preventative maintenance procedures on same equipment as detailed by the original equipment manufacturer. The Service Technician is accountable for providing oversight of equipment installations and commissioning same equipment for proper initial customer utilization
- Troubleshoot to root cause and repair customer's barrier, gate and bollard equipment to ensure product performs as intended on a reliable basis utilizing only approved replacement parts.
- Perform detailed and comprehensive preventative maintenance procedures on customer's barrier, gate and bollard equipment as recommended by original equipment manufacturers.
- Complete all preventative maintenance checklists, service tickets and time sheets completely and accurately;forward to office, administrative staff within 24 hours of performance of work.
- Provide detailed estimates of required repairs when requested by customer representative to facilitate expense approval process.
- Provide comprehensive and detailed assessment to Service Manager and Sales Manager of equipment that has reached end of life and should be replaced;provide similar feedback to customer representatives and notate on service tickets.
- Oversight of an equipment installation ensuring all requirements of drawings and specifications have been met and/or satisfied.
- Commissioning of equipment and systems provides end user with the intended functionality to control access to their site as designed.
- Receive and Respond to Requests Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- On call requirement for emergency repairs (rotation schedule is set up between the technicians for emergency repairs that are requested on weekdays after regular schedule hours and/or during weekends).
- Initiate Customer Engagement
- Execute Service or Repair Procedures
- Complete Paperwork and re-engage POC
- Provide Oversight and Commissioning at a New Equipment Installation Key Performance Parameters and Metrics:
- Execute service calls in a timely manner and in line with existing labor standards.
- Turn in all paperwork within 24 hours of performance of work without exception.
- Advise Service Leadership of possible improvements to products, processes or work procedures.
- Provide feedback to Service and Sales Leadership of possible equipment replacements.
- Installation oversight effectively guarantees conformance to all drawings and specifications.
- Equipment commissioning demonstrates comprehensive equipment conformance to intended sequencing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electromechanical equipment including electric and electronic controls.
- Must have baseline understanding of electrical principals such as Ohm's Law and how motors function.
- Must have baseline understanding hydraulic principals such as pressure, volume, how pumps, valves and accumulators function.
- Must understand basic operating principles of programmable logic controllers and variable frequency drives;must be able to revise functional parameters of variable frequency drives.
- Must have basic understanding of how vehicle detection loops function and how to troubleshoot loop/loop detector failures.
- Must have good verbal skills and be able to interface directly with customers to explain basic equipment function, repair and maintenance procedures and a sequence of operation.
- Must have good written communication skills to complete necessary paperwork for business execution including timesheets, service tickets and parts request forms;handwriting must be legible.
- Must be able to utilize basic computer and tablet software for equipment interfacing and paperwork in lieu of handwritten pieces.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Or more repeatedly with assistance.
- Must be able to work out of doors, year-round.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1-3 years field service experience in electrical, hydraulic or mechanical machine repair
- Computer training preferred.
- Electrical training/PLC/VFD training preferred.
- Previous experience reading and interpreting civil and electrical drawings to confirm proper conformance, preferred.
- Good Communication Skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage time
- Attention to detail
- Troubleshooting skills/fault isolation and identification
- Moderate Electrical Aptitude
- Moderate Mechanical Aptitude
- Moderate Hydraulic Aptitude
- Competency reading basic civil and electrical drawing