Site Reliability Engineer
San Diego, CA 92127 US
It is an exciting time to be part of SIE's CICD and Cloud Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make our client highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure throughout the entire platform.
As a member of the CICD and Cloud Reliability team you'll work at the heart of our client to make sure we have a high-performing platform that is also highly available and highly reliable. You will be part of a team that is execution-oriented, results-driven, and which enables service development by designing, building, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure and CICD services at scale. You'll also be able to exercise your troubleshooting skills with the opportunity to zoom in on anything from code issues to packet loss in the network.
Your primary responsibilities will include contributing to the implementation and delivery of the end-to-end automation platform, to support continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), with a focus on developer self-service capabilities. This position requires extensive technical expertise and deep knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery platform domain expertise, especially in cloud-based service environment. Broad industry knowledge, strong customer focus, and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Contributes to a team of Engineers to deliver and support highly available, self-service, CI/CD capabilities.
- Showcases uncompromising ownership of outcomes and deliverables
- Adheres to software development best practices
- Role Model for customer focused delivery for both internal and external customers
- AWS Experience REQUIRED
- Energetically and effectively works across organizational boundaries, collaborating to deliver awesome developer and platform capabilities.
- Experienced Engineer that drives Operational Excellence within the team
- Builds and fosters agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices
- Results driven person with great energy
- Forward looking Engineer with execution know-how to take SIE to the next level of CI/CD
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional Site Reliability experience operating microservices at scale
- 2+ years hands-on AWS experience deploying, supporting, managing applications
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and in particular EKS
- Extensive use of automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef with obsessive desire to automate
- Strong development experience in one of these languages –Java, Python, or Go
- Experienced user of one or more source code management tools, preferably Git
- Should have experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker, or similar