Sr Operations Manager Power Generation
Jefferson City, MO 65109 US
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Department: Air Cooled Applications & Power Generation
Reporting To: General Manager/Plant Manager Power Generation
Relocation: Assistance Available, Local Candidates Preferred
Reporting to the Site Leader, The Sr. Operations Manager has direct responsibility and leadership for overall operations for daily production operations. Responsible for collaborating with the Site Leader to set vision, implementing 80/20 and Lean Simplification to ensure a safe work environment, maximizing profitable growth through 80/20, driving quality improvements, providing differentiated customer service, developing a technically qualified work force, optimizing operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
This role will oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual operating plans goals. This includes developing long and short range plans to assure the manufacturing areas are aligned with strategies using 80/20 and lean principles as the basis for continuous improvement. Lastly, this positions assures that manufacturing resources are properly managed to meet customer needs in a cost effective manner.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, ensuring that high standards of site safety are established and followed by all associates in the operation
- Provide development and guidance to the hourly and salaried workforce through proper coaching, partnering and relationship building.
- Promote, utilize and drive the DMS ( Daily Management System Tier meetings, LPA's, GEMBA walks, loss tracking, day by hour tracking, etc) to ensure an efficient and effective operating systems is in place.
- Responsible for the execution of production plans to meet the required schedule at a satisfactory cost level (includes cost center, budget, Client plans, systems developments, and asset management).
- Provide ongoing analysis of manufacturing area operating results and corrective action to meet or exceed planned performance levels of quality, expense, efficiency and inventory control.
- Responsible for appropriate personnel planning during peak and non-peak operations, to balance customer need and cost goals.
- Support the development and implementation of the capital plan to provide adequate capacity, aggressive quality improvement, and strong cost and asset control.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of plant production systems, policies and procedures, and methods as required to meet short/long term objectives.
- Responsible for the development of improved methods, layouts, equipment, techniques and processes to maintain and improve the competitive nature of the manufacturing area.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including written, verbal and presentation techniques
- Thought leadership with respect to daily manufacturing execution as well as the long term strategic plan for the site
- Responsible to provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to the production leaders and associates
- Creation of a positive work environment that allows for collaboration and team cohesion. Eagerness to be part of a winning team.
- 5-7 years of manufacturing leadership ( production supervision / manager / etc)
- 10-15 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with related Engineering / Continuous Improvement, Quality or Manufacturing experience while demonstrating high potential within the company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of financial principles and product cost structure analysis
- History of continuous improvement responsibility with measurable results
- Desire and ability to be a self-directed manager working within a site structure
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing Operations or other technical field
- MBA preferred
- As needed estimate less than 10% of the time