Sr. CAD Design Engineer
Oxnard, CA 93030 US
Add Essential Duties and Responsibilities according to position.
- Creates and manages design from product definition to released product with minimal external input. Identifies trade offs and chooses the best engineering solution based on the data collected.
- Creates board layout design using Altium and Pads.
- Generates release packages for PCB's including 3D models and ICT test point definition.
- Defines layout rule definitions and aligns them to manufacturing capabilities.
- Responsible for library creation and management. Includes definition and process ownership.
- Responsible for first article approval and contract manufacturer relation ownership. Creates certificates of conformance for designs.
- Improves workflow by conducting analysis, implementing changes or creating policies and procedures and maintaining them.
- Investigates failures of existing designs by collecting and analyzing data and develops pathways for failure mitigation and redesign.
- Works with 3D models to design or redesign around constraints.
- Uses design software such as SolidWorks to design PCB enclosures (Type: sheet metal, machine, die-cast, plastic injection mold).
- Leads all aspects of the PCB enclosure design process from the creation of concepts to the release of files for production implementation.
•Employees must exhibit honesty and integrity as well as demonstrate adherence to rules, procedures and policies. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum Qualifications
- 10+ years of board level design experience.
- 5+ years of SolidWorks experience.
- Must be an active CAD (layout) designer.
- Must be an active SolidWorks user.
- Experience with layout involving a mix of high speed digital, high voltage and high current.
- Experience reading schematics and understands the design well enough to create an optimal layout.
- Experience reading part specifications and determining footprint compatibility with PCB fabrication processes.
- Understands the PCB fabrication and assembly process and the standards involved.
- Has working knowledge of PCB standards including;IPC 7351B, IPC-D-275, IPC-2221A, IPC-7351B, IPC-D-310, IPC-325, ANSI Y14.44, ANSI Y32.1, ANSI Y14.5.
- Experience reading and writing technical requirement documentation.
- Experience working with source-control system.
- Proficient in analyzing competing designs and selecting the best option.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to review the work of peers.