Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer/PM
Bellaire, TX 77401 US
We are looking for a senior-level engineer to join our company. This individual will participate and lead teams to design small to large projects with a primary focus on various structures including retaining walls, site development, drainage, paving, structural foundations, and structural steel.
The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of minimal experience working as an engineer in a team environment
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer/Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Structural analysis, design, and detailing of concrete, steel, and timber structures .
- Lead the preparation of design concepts, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Ability to create and lead the team, monitor project progress, set deadlines, solve issues that arise, manage money, ensure stakeholder satisfaction, and evaluate project performance, including the performance of their team members.
- Prepare/review design calculations and check calculations.
- Coordinates design drawings with fellow engineers and drafting technicians.
- Participate in the inspection and rehabilitation of existing structures.
- Perform design checks as part of the LEI quality metrics and best practices.
- Help resolve design problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, detailed design works, and detailed checking of design computations done by others.
- Calculates quantity estimates.
- Work closely with other disciplines.
Civil/Structural Engineer/Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Master's preferred
- Professional Engineering registration in Texas or possess the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work on Federal Projects and meet federal requirements to do so.
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) is preferred.
- Experienced with Microsoft products
- Availability and willingness to travel
- Solid math and analytical skills. Very detail-oriented.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time