Sr. Electrical Engineer
Camarillo, CA 93012 US
Attributes: positive attitude, desire to learn and teach, hard worker, able to think beyond the technical solution, exceptional English skills both verbal and written (if you also speak Spanish, that's great!), interest in both new design and sustaining engineering
What you'll be doing:
You are a unique breed of engineer. The thrill of creating, the art of design, is in your blood yet you also get a thrill being part of converting a paper design into real, tangible product. You've been around the block a few times and have the battle scars to prove it. You know that just because CAD says so, doesn't mean it is. You never cease being amazed at humans'ability to thwart poka-yoke, but you keep trying and trying and find yourself with a small smile each time. You're experienced enough to have a "gut feel”for what will likely work, and still optimistic and open-minded enough that you seek out opportunities to learn from interns and try new tools, techniques, and approaches. You have the confidence to say, "I was wrong”and "Will you help me?”
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you'll be designing bespoke power supplies to meet certain performance and test criteria. You'll be supporting legacy products and trying to make sense of documentation from ages ago. You'll be a "jack of all trades, master of some”engineer who is the go-to resource for tough technical challenges. You will write eloquent technical reports and review/edit those of your colleagues. Sometimes you'll be in the lab with a soldering iron in one hand and an oscilloscope in the other. Sometimes you'll be nose-to-your-computer screen drawing a schematic. Often, you'll be on a teleconference with customers or suppliers. You'll need to be able to move around in tight spaces, gather information, walk up/down a flight of stairs several times daily, and occasionally lift/carry 25 lbs all without interrupting the flow of production.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent training/experience.
- At least five years experience developing and implementing AC-DC and DC-DC switching power supply topologies.
- Practical knowledge of electronic packaging standards.
- Knowledge of military specifications including harsh environments and EMI as applicable.
- Direct experience with the following or similar technologies: Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, SPICE, Pcad or Protel .
- Strong oral communication skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly with design team members, present design reviews to supervisors and customers. Strong written communication.