Sr. Low Voltage Telecom System Designer
Seattle, WA 98104 US
Senior Technology Lead based out of our Seattle, WA office.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with project planning, provide complete design solutions, and manage the QA/QC of the Low-Voltage/Signal –Technology systems through construction and installation. It includes IT/Telecom infrastructure and communications cabling, MPOE, TEC (server rooms), IDF rooms, outside plant cabling, horizontal cabling, wireless networking, and low voltage systems (paging, emergency phones clock systems). Responsible for the design and implementation of telecommunications systems including:
- Technical requirements analysis, including site assessments, solutions recommendations, construction administration, and project oversight.
- Performs duties as Technology Designer including managing designs based on the master planning of the client's organization and how the project will be constructed. Project involvement post-design to support field conditions during bid negotiation through construction and systems installation.
- Evaluated new customer requirements and developed scope of work documents with pricing estimates.
- Design and Oversee Technology systems to meet client requirements based on a working knowledge of the codes and ANSI standards based on industry best practices.
- Manages and oversees the current Seattle market for current projects and upcoming designs for low-voltage systems to meet client expectations. QA/QC current projects in construction and coordination with contractors and implementation teams.
- Market technology services to grow business;create and lead a new technology team in Seattle.
The position requires previous engineering design experience with telecommunication systems for building and campus facilities.
The following skills are strongly preferred when applying for this position:
- Working knowledge of construction documents, including drawings and CSI format specifications
- Low voltage/signal design & calculations for conduit sizing and pulling tension.
- Working knowledge of audio visual and security systems.
- Must have experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 10 years of technical and project management experience involving telecommunication cable infrastructure.
- Experience in managing project designs and construction oversight are a big plus
- Experience in regulatory codes and standards for educational, healthcare, commercial, and federal facilities in and around Washington.
- RCDD Certification or equivalent.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience/technical design and installation of infrastructure supporting technology solutions.