Sr. Mechanical Engineer Healthcare
Long Beach, CA 90815 US
Senior Level Mechanical Engineer focused on Healthcare facilities, which is to be based in Long Beach, CA - you could be a perfect fit. If you meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply today.
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $130, 000-$170, 000
Level: Mid to Senior
As a competent Registered Professional Engineer, the candidate performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of HVAC, medical gas, and plumbing design engineering and supervision of multi-discipline teams of engineers and designers. The candidate will be focused on healthcare and critical environments such as labs and clean rooms. The candidate is responsible for administering all phases of projects from proposal development through construction completion. The candidate has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, and specification writing on a given project with the authority to direct, control, and monitor all activities on multiple projects at a time.
- 8+ years of engineering design and project management experience
- Healthcare design experience in the acute care setting
- Experience and knowledge of the FGI Guidelines, NFPA-99, NEC requirements for backup power for HVAC and medical gases
- Comfortable and willing to present complex engineering concepts to clients, industry partners and other staff
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- HCAI OR OSHPD codes, standards, PINS and CANS
PE license in California or other certifications is a plus