Sr. Modeling Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 US
In this role you will be responsible for detailed thermo-mechanical modeling in support of design and operations of the thermal energy storage modules. Understanding of fundamental physical concepts around heat and mass transfer at high temperatures along with ability to develop high fidelity models will be key to success in this role. In addition, the candidate will embody the company values, demonstrating teamwork, excellent communication, and excellence in engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis to support thermal and mechanical design of the thermal battery modules including phenomenon like thermal induced stress as well as process parameters like overall heat and mass balance
- Work on development of robust heat transfer models including, thermo-mechanical stress, conduction, radiation, and convection to predict system level performance
- Support the development of bench scale and full-scale test plans to validate models and performance requirements
- Work on system level and thermal requirements, design basis, and configuration
- Perform thermal and mechanical analysis including Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT) and/or mechanical Finite Element Analysis (FEA), where applicable
- Work closely with mechanical design engineers to develop thermal and systems requirements as well as manufacturing engineers to optimize for cost and production scale-up
- Develop and maintain internal design practices and documentation on thermal and mechanical system modeling
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in thermal and mechanical design teams
- Experience developing and delivering hardware products as lead thermal design engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Desired
- 7+ years of professional experience in hardware modeling roles with 2+ years experience as lead engineer on multi-physics FEA
- Experience with design of thermal and / or thermo-mechanical systems at industrial scale and high temperature environments
- Demonstrated understanding of thermal and systems analysis including failure modes of thermo-mechanical systems
Salary Range: $162, 000 USD - $180, 000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that we believe we would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, our Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.