Sr. Project Manager-Construction
Woodstock, GA 54937 US
- The Senior Project Manager will manage and ensure successful project delivery while developing new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients, or geographical area.
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for making decisions that positively impact corporate relationship with clients and produce strong profitability on projects.
- The position is responsible for applying comprehensive and fully integrated professional construction project management knowledge and skills to direct and manage multiple projects simultaneously of variable scale, budget, and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all phases of heavy civil construction projects from planning to execution and closeout
- Monitors and approves weekly time sheets for field personnel
- Collaborate with project team to develop comprehensive project plans, budgets and schedules
- Monitor project performance, identify potential risks and implement effective mitigation strategies
- Ensures that work is completed per contract, plans and specifications
- Prepare and present project reports to senior management and clients
- Ensures jobs meet completion deadlines and manages timely closeout
- Lead project meetings, communicate progress and manage stakeholder expectations
- Requests change orders to contract as necessary
- Manage subcontractors, suppliers and vendors, ensuring they meet project requirements and deadlines
- Monitors rental equipment, delivery, storage, operation and maintenance
- Completes required paperwork accurately and timely
- Ensures implementation of safety program for field personnel
- Communicates job requirements to field staff
- Maintain good employee relations
- Track project expenses, review invoices and manage project budget to ensure financial objectives are met
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field is preferred;or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience preferred
- 7+ years of heavy civil project management experience including proven experience in managing financial performance of assigned projects
- Proven track record of delivering complex heavy civil projects on time and within budget
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft 360 platform preferred
- Leadership attributes including, but and not limited to organizational and critical thinking skills, the ability to analyze data and trends, professional conduct at all times
- High-stress tolerance;must be able to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- A highly motivated self-starting, autonomous individual who can work independently and set their own priorities, yet also function well as part of the overall team
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Safety Culture: Foster a safety culture by modeling and reinforcing expected jobsite behaviors
- Team Orientation: Communicate in an open, honest, and respectful manner
- High Integrity: Acts with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies and holding self and other employees accountable, keeping promises and commitments
- Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority;seeks approval when appropriate
- Good Judgment: Knows when to stand tough and when to be flexible. Sees the big picture and the ramifications of actions
- Versatility: Is open to change. Adjusts positively to changing work priorities and business conditions
- Sit, stand and walk continuously throughout the scheduled workday
- Stand, reach, drive and use fine motor skills frequently throughout the day
- Occasionally bend, kneel, squat and climb throughout the workday
- Lift up to 50 lbs. On occasion
- Work both indoors and outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions and may be in loud environments
- Must work in a manner that will not jeopardize the health and safety of him/herself or others Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend English
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described.