Sr. Quality Engineer
Burbank, CA 91505 US
SUMMARY: This position requires proficiency and faculty in dealing with elements of Quality Control, Engineering and Manufacturing. Sustain and strengthen the Quality Management System. Provide Quality Control procedures, and instruction to maintain Quality and workmanship standards as established by Hutchinson and their Customers. Must have the ability to negotiate with Hutchinson, Customers, and Suppliers personnel at all administrative levels. Assist Engineering Department personnel in prototype, research, and failure analysis efforts. Reports to the Quality Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education and/or Experience: BS Degree and 5 years of experience in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment. Or AS Degree and15 years of experience in an Aerospace Quality Department.
- Create Inspection Plans for Inspection to inspect;first articles, in-process, final inspections, and receiving inspections of parts and assemblies per blue print and Customer requirements.
- Must have an excellent understanding of GD&T IAW ASME Y14.5 of all symbols, modifiers, Tolerance Zones, Feature Control/Datum Reference Frames, General Rules, Free state Variation, Fundamental Rules, Basic Dimensions, Datums and Datum Selection, Datum Symbol Placement, Virtual Condition, Datum Targets, Position Tolerance Calculation, Projected Tolerance Zones, Chain Line and Chain Dimensions.
- Analyze Root Cause(s) and properly address them by implementation of Corrective Action. Plans. (RCCA)
- Create and review AS9102 FAIR.
- Create and maintain procedures and work instructions.
- Perform internal and external audits.
- Support second and third party audits. (e.G. AS9100 registrar, FAA, Customers)
- Supplier liaison for quality.
- Designated Inspector for Customers.
- Perform Source Inspection at suppliers.
- Review Manufacturing Planning to ensure Quality requirements are met.
- Review Engineering Change Request to ensure Quality requirements are met.
- Review incoming Purchase Orders from Customers to ensure quality requirements are flowed down.
- Member of the Material Review Board for Quality Engineering dispositions.
Design review for Quality requirements.
- Able to perform visual inspection and knowledge of dimensional inspection.
- Records inspection results in QMS.
- Knowledge of making own set-ups for inspection, including setups for checking Form Tolerances, Orientation Tolerances, Runout Tolerances, Profile Tolerances, Location Tolerances.
- Knowledge of FAA conformity Inspection.
- Knowledge of Coordinate Measuring Machine Programming and Operation of the machine is desired.
- Analyze facts and circumstances surrounding individual inspection problems and determine acceptance or rejection of parts within requirements.
- Provides instruction to all Inspectors as needed concerning the inspection and verification of the product.
- Works under the supervision of the Quality Director but discusses observations with designated personnel (Lead personnel, Engineers, etc.) from other departments.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Quality Director.
- Extended periods of mental and visual concentration to efficiently check work of others required.
- Responsible for promoting and abiding by the HSE rules and policies.
PRIMARY TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT: Computers, printers, calculator and inspection equipment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Good verbal skills with ability to effectively present information to customers, managers and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Use general shop mathematics including trigonometry.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge in Windows and software data packages using Word and Excel. Software experience in producing spreadsheets for reports, presentations and planning. Knowledge MRP and Client system is desirable.
Problem Solving: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrate problem solving techniques, use technical resources, analyze alternatives and research issues.
Other Teamwork or Skills and Abilities: Ability to participate as a team member, daily or in meetings. Ability to listen actively and respond in group discussions. Willingness to learn other job skills and assist other team members. Understanding of team and business goals. Reassess work based on team goals and team priorities.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit;stand;walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus from close items to items at a distance.