Sr. RF Engineer
Concord, CA 94520 US
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design and optimize waveguide feed components such as horns, OMTs and diplexers using simulation tools such as CST's Microwave Studio and WaspNet
- Perform antenna radiation pattern measurements using Near Field Scanner.
- Perform S-parameter measurements of feed components and radome samples using network analyzer.
- Process test data and create presentation material for formal design reviews.
- Troubleshoot issues by comparing measured and simulated data.
- Works on continuous improvement of product quality
- Designs / specifies reflector data, filters, BOC and LNB.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics + 5years of experience as an RF R&D Engineer or MS in Electrical Engineering + 2years experience as an RF R&D Engineer
- Solid understanding of electromagnetics and antenna physics
- 2+ years of experience with one of the following software design tools: HFSS, CST, GRASP, WaspNET, FEKO or XFDTD
- 2+ years of experience with RF lab equipment including: VNAs, spectrum analyzers and signal generators.
- 2+ years of Antenna design experience
- 2+ years of Antenna testing experience
- Waveguide based component design experience
- Matlab, VB or LabView experience
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must demonstrate the ability to make sound independent judgment decisions.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Must have knowledge of basic Electro/Mechanical systems and Geometric dimensioning and tolerance. Knowledge of marine environment and satellite communication systems, a plus.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook –intermediate level required. Knowledge of Solid Works or related CAD modelling software. Knowledge of FEA and Microsoft projects is plus.
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: None required
- EQUIPMENT AND DEVICE OPERATION: composite materials experience and basic RF and machine shop experience, a plus.
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction;takes responsibility for and own actions;keeps commitments;commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily;seeks increased responsibilities;takes independent actions;looks for and takes advantage of opportunities;recognize, initiate projects, asks for and offers help when needed
- Ability to multi task and provide accurate information in a fast paced setting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in an office setting. However, some time will be spent in an open factory environment. On the factory floor the temperature fluctuates relative to the outdoor weather do to large roll up doors in constant use. There is some excessive noise on the production floor. The immediate work area has no caustic chemicals or fumes. No travel is required.