Sr. Software Algorithm Developer
San Jose, CA 95002 US
PEAK is seeking for a Sr. Software Algorithm Developer for a growing medical device client in Bay Area, CA. This role will work closely with imaging scientists and signal processing experts to develop, refine and test novel ultrasound imaging algorithms and associated system software into premium ultrasound products.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develop 2D/3D imaging algorithm and system software for high-end ultrasound system
- Work with imaging scientists and signal processing experts to implement imaging algorithm specifications into C++ / CUDA code.
- Detailed verification that algorithm outputs match output expected from Matlab simulations
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS desired)
- 7+ years of industry experience
- GPU development experience (preferably CUDA / NVIDIA GPUs)
- Programming proficiency in C/C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Some degree of experience and/or course work in image and signal processing
- Basic familiarity with mathematical programming environments such as Matlab is desirable
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Embedded software development experience (preferably Linux)
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Strong foundation in system architecture and operating systems
- Experience with hardware/software interfaces desirable
- Individuals must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams.
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail-oriented with good written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- PC skills including the use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required.