Structural Engineer III
Decatur, GA 30030 US
Location: Georgia offices (currently Duluth or Decatur;soon to be Chamblee area) or our San Antonio, TX office
Work Schedule: Remote/Hybrid
(Must be able to meet, travel/report GA client locations if needed, <20%)
PE Requirements: Yes.
Relocation Assistance: Yes.
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Supporting Client: DOD, NASA, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Facility Engineer to provide designs for Department of Defense and NASA governmental facilities for our structural engineering team in our Georgia offices (currently Duluth or Decatur;soon to be Chamblee area) or our San Antonio, TX office.
- Independently evaluate and solve complex problems with limited guidance from more senior staff.
- Work with other disciplines to improve accuracy of the package, to meet schedule, and to meet budget commitments.
- Generate comprehensive and detailed engineering products, including technical reports and presentations, calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Work in a design team environment, which includes directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Establish design criteria.
- Meet with clients.
- Prepare fee proposals for design work.
- Perform inspections, observations, data collection (such as taking measurements), etc at existing facilities and facilities under construction.
- Must have minimum eight (8) years of commercial or governmental facility design experience.
- Experience in designing DoD projects is preferred.
- Experience in working with US Army Corps of Engineers is preferred.
- Experience in working with building codes is required.
- Experience in working with Unified Facilities Criteria is a plus.
- Experience in managing other structural engineers and designers.
- Experience with interfacing with client contacts.
- Experience in AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Experience with structural analysis software packages (e.G. RISA 3D, SAP2000, STAAD Pro) is required.
- Client projects require U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Civil/ Structural Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program.
- Master's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Professional Engineer license is required. No exceptions.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.