Structural Engineer III
Merritt Island, FL 32952 US
Location: Merritt Island, Florida
Remote: Onsite/Hybrid Options
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Facility Engineer to provide designs for the Department of Defense and NASA governmental facilities for our growing office in Merritt Island, FL.
This position will be responsible for supporting all structural design requirements for the client's Merritt Island office including the following duties:
- Independently evaluates and solves complex problems with limited guidance from more senior staff.
- Working with other disciplines to improve accuracy of the package, to meet schedule, and to meet budget commitments.
- Providing Facility structural design for NASA, DoD and other governmental agencies.
- Working in a design team environment, which includes directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Establishes design criteria.
- Meeting with clients.
- Preparing fee proposals for design work.
- Required Experience
- Must have minimum eight (8) years of commercial or governmental facility design experience.
- Experience in designing DoD projects is preferred.
- Experience in working with US Army Corps of Engineers is preferred.
- Experience in working with Unified Facilities Criteria is preferred.
- Experience managing other structural engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- Experience in AutoCAD and REVIT is a plus.
- Experience with structural analysis software packages (e.G. RISA 3D, SAP2000, STAAD Pro) is required.
- Client projects require U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program.
- Master's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Professional engineer license is required. No exceptions.
- Ability to obtain a Florida PE (Structural) within 4 months.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.