Technical Service Engineer II
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 US
As a Technical Service and Site Engineer you will install, troubleshoot, and maintain our products and equipment. This position requires that you train employees and the customer. You will perform electrical, electronic, and mechanical repairs, identify, analyze, and repair product failures, order & replace parts as needed. You will also determine and recommend which products, systems or services best fit the customers' needs. Be familiar with various material handling systems which include Power & Free conveyors, Skid conveyors, FDS friction conveyor, Fork Transfers, Part Carriers, and other automation type equipment. You will also make estimations on medium sized projects.
The qualified candidate will be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Observe the equipment in operation;listening for problems;executing various test cycle operations, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on equipment, following site specific procedures & operations/maintenance manuals
- Perform site specific projects as assigned
- Insure proper tracking of parts used to ensure consignment inventory accuracy. Follow proper stock handling procedures
- Interpret engineering drawings and assist site installation crews as necessary throughout the installation phase of a project thru customer final acceptance
- Perform Engineering studies to develop reliable and optimum solutions based on customer requirements
- Must create bid documents and facilitate meetings and negotiations with subcontractors on small and medium projects (up to $3M).
- Must be able to create customer quotes and facilitate meetings and negotiations with customer on small and medium projects (up to $3M).
- Must also be able to make estimations on small and medium projects ( up to $3M)
- Understand project schedules and site activities required for successful implementation of material handling systems
- Familiar with structural design and analysis, including calculations
- Interface with the on-site project team, communicating with the design team to resolve issues, and able to troubleshoot and resolve minor on-site issues as they arise
- Supervision of other associates may be required, as well as supervision of skilled trades
- Skilled position involving technical training
- Must be available to work weekends, nights, overtime, and holidays, as needed
- Must be flexible as the position may require traveling to any of our job sites within the US, Canada, or Mexico
- Must be able to negotiate thru an industrial conveyor system requiring climbing access ladders, scaffolding, screen guards, etc
- Physically capable of standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift at 25-50 lbs
Strong PLC programming skills in a hands-on field construction environment desirable
- The ability to choose and manage sub-contractors, manage schedules and budgets
- The skill to meet with customers and identify needs and potential sales opportunities
- Requires debugging skills during commissioning of new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with customers and peers
- Ability to react to changes proactively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Display broad-based customer focus and commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs
- Strong communication skills for interface with customer engineers in gathering system requirements and then translating the requirements into functional technical specifications
- Machinery installation experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and general computer skills
- AutoCad, Inventor, or other 3D modeling software (minimum 2 years' experience)
Education and Experience
BS technical degree in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering, or equivalent
- Two to Five years' experience in material handling and conveyor engineering for the automotive industry is desirable
- Two to Five years' experience in a construction or manufacturing environment preferred