Concord, CA 94520 US
We're looking for an Engineering Technical Writer to join our team here in the SF Bay Area - Concord, CA. We are looking for a motivated individual with a collaborative, team-first attitude who can work under tight deadlines.
What you will do:
Prepare, review, revise, and maintain product manuals and other customer-facing technical product documentation (Manual, Check List, Print Media, Quick Start guides).
- Create new customer-facing documentation from scratch using input from product development, Systems Engineering, Applications Engineering, Product Management, and Sales.
- Revise/maintain existing customer-facing documentation.
- Develop and maintain style templates for others to create detailed customer-facing information such as Manuals, Technical Application Notes.
- Work closely in partnership with the Cobham Satcom, Systems, Sales, Service, and MarCom departments. You will be the team leader responsible for manual editing production, to standardize consistency and comply with corporate standards in terminology, style, and format;and to typeset the final manuals.
- Work with cross-functional teams and within existing requirements documentation systems to gather the information necessary to perform other functions.
- Work with Hardware, Software, Embedded Software team, and the Software Tools team as necessary to develop automated systems for the generation and delivery of customer-facing firmware and software documentation.
What you need:
- B.S. Or M.S. Degree (Engineering, Computer Science, or other engineering discipline preferred), 3 or more years of related experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Take Charge Attitude.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to people with varying levels of technical expertise
- Experience in understanding usage and application of electronic systems and engineering concepts
- Proficient in the use of manual and automated publishing tools such as ACAD, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, DocuSign.
- Familiarity with software development processes such as Agile, and source control tools such as Git and SVN.
- Familiarity with AGILE, LN6, Solid works a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and manage time well. Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to interpret and create a variety of instructions in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.