Utility and Transmission Distribution Engineer
Crown Point, IN 46307 US
- Design distribution and sub-transmission lines from 12- 69kV line engineering projects to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and codes. Specify pole, conductor, insulator, equipment, etc. Components
- Perform pole loading analysis (software such as PoleForeman)
- Collect field data Calculations for fusing coordination, voltage drops, transformer loading, etc.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environmental and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite
- Focus on collaboration with team members and strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, and organization
- Some management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or engineering technology from an ABET accredited program (Electrical or Civil/Structural preferred)
- No experience in utility industry required
- Fundamentals of Engineering License preferred
- Professional Engineer License preferred